Topics in this Issue
Time-gated imaging of ballistic photons from a femtosecond laser source revealing the structures inside the dense cores of liquid-rocket-engine injector sprays. The ballistic-imaging concept is depicted at upper left; the associated instrumentation is presented schematically at upper right. Bottom figure: the six images in the top row reveal the core structures discernible through ballistic imaging; the six images in the bottom row show the limited core-structure information available through conventional shadowgraphy. For more information see the paper by Schmidt et al., pp. B137-B144.(Graphics design by Michael Bruggeman, RCF Information Systems)
- May 02 2013 : On-site Asbestos Detector Offers Promise of Better Workplace Safety - Asbestos was once called a miracle material because of its toughness... more
- Apr 29 2013 : Now available for conference papers! A PDF of the poster presentation has been linked to a select number of poster session papers. Those papers with an accompanying poster presentation PDF will be denoted by a multimedia icon.
- Apr 24 2013 : New LED Streetlight Design Curbs Light Pollution - Recent innovations in light emitting diodes (LEDs) have improved the... more
- Apr 19 2013 : Optics Letters' page limit is increasing to 4 pages, effective for new submissions beginning on 1 May 2013.
- Phase retrieval algorithms: a personal tour [Invited]
- Cylindrical lenses—focusing and imaging: a review...
- Imaging systems and applications
- Toward a super imaging system [Invited]
- 50 years of optics research [Invited]
- Advances in three-dimensional integral imaging: sensing,...
- Optical properties of the metals Al, Co, Cu, Au, Fe, Pb,...
- Precision absolute positional measurement of laser beams
- Phase retrieval using nonlinear diversity
- Digital holography and 3D imaging: introduction to feature...