Announcement to the world-wide optics communityThe OSA Board of Editors welcomes nominations for the following editor positions:
Editor in Chief, Applied Optics
Term to begin January 1, 2015 and end December 31, 2017
Qualifications for these positions include but are not limited to the following:
- The individual must be well known, recognized and respected for scientific achievement within the community. A record of publication in recognized journals is essential.
- The individual must have current or prior editorial experience with reviewer selection and decision making responsibilities. OSA editor experience is preferred.
- The individual must possess sufficient breadth and scope within the broad topic areas covered by the journal to provide strategic vision and leadership for the entire journal.
- The individual must be known for objectivity and decision-making abilities. A history of review activity for OSA journals is beneficial.
- The individual must be an OSA member. The editor is also expected to attend two OSA Board of Editors meetings each year.
Nominations in the form of a cover letter summarizing the nominee's qualifications should be sent to Kelly Cohen at firstname.lastname@example.org. They must be received by 1 March, 2014. The nominating committee will request curriculum vitae in electronic format. For self-nominations, please explain your interest in the position within the cover letter. The final selections will be made in June 2014.
Thank you for your assistance in filling these important positions.
Editor in Chief, AO
Past Chair, Board of Editors
Martijn de Sterke
Chair, Board of Editors