Topics in this Issue
Schematic and calibration spectrum from the Extreme-Ultraviolet Imaging Spectrometer (EIS) on the Japanese Solar-B satellite. The inset photo (courtesy of the Japanese Aerospace Exploration Agency) is of the early morning launch from the Uchinoura Space Center on 23 September 2006. After completion of its first orbit, the Solar-B was renamed Hinode. For spectrometer details, see the papers by Korendyke et al., pp. 8674-8688, and Lang et al., pp. 8689- 8705.
- Aug 20 2014 : Optica Research | UAlberta Engineers Take Major Step Toward Photonic Circuits - nano-optical cables that could replace copper wiring on computer chips… more
- Aug 06 2014 : Optica Research | New Hand-Held Device Uses Lasers, Sound Waves for Deeper Melanoma Imaging
- Jul 30 2014 : OSA Journal Portfolio Continues to Lead Optics Category in Total Citations and Articles in Thomson Reuters 2014 Journal Citation Reports - The Optical Society (OSA) is pleased to announce its full portfolio... more
- Jul 28 2014 : Wearable Device for the Early Detection of Common Diabetes-related Neurological Condition - A group of researchers in Taiwan has developed a new optical... more
- Optical properties of the metals Al, Co, Cu, Au, Fe, Pb,...
- Optical properties of metallic films for vertical-cavity...
- Laser Beams and Resonators
- Fast & Furious focal-plane wavefront sensing
- Optical Constants of Water in the 200-nm to 200-?m...
- Exact analytic solutions of Maxwell’s equations...
- Phase retrieval algorithms: a comparison
- Simplifying numerical ray tracing for characterization of...
- Model-based phase shifting interferometry
- Measuring refractive index using the focal displacement...