Topics in this Issue
Submicrometer grating-based light guided plates: (top) Diffraction efficiency for the first positive transmission diffraction orders as a function of grating depth and incident angle. (bottom) Demonstration of light guide effect of the proposed configuration. For further details, see the paper by Ye et et al., pp. 3396-3399.
- Feb 24 2014 : Thicker than Water: Medical Researchers Use Light to Quickly and Easily Measure Blood’s Clotting Properties - To provide caregivers with timely information about the clotting... more
- Feb 18 2014 : A Stretchable Highway for Light - A team of Belgian researchers reports progress on this front with... more
- Feb 11 2014 : First 3-D Movies of Living Sperm - more
- Feb 05 2014 : OSA to Launch New Gold Open-Access Journal Focused on High-Impact Results - The Optical Society (OSA) today announced it will publish a new... more
- Optical properties of the metals Al, Co, Cu, Au, Fe, Pb,...
- Huygens–Feynman–Fresnel principle as the...
- Optical Properties of Metallic Films for Vertical-Cavity...
- Optical properties of fourteen metals in the infrared and...
- Toward a super imaging system [Invited]
- Aberration considerations in lens tolerancing
- Phase retrieval algorithms: a personal tour [Invited]
- Vibration detection by observation of speckle patterns
- Self-mode-locked 2 μm Tm3+-doped...
- Optical Constants of Water in the 200-nm to 200-?m...