Topics in this Issue
(a) RGB image of the Moderate-Resolution Imaging Spectroradiometer (MODIS) Aqua data from 11 April 2005 over the northeastern coast of the United States. (b) Retrieved aerosol optical thickness over the same scene in the 869 nm band. (c) NO2 amount obtained from the Ozone Measuring Instrument (OMI) onboard Aura, which flies in formation with MODIS-Aqua. (d) Normalized water-leaving radiance (nLw) in the 412 nm band from the current operational processing of MODIS data. Comparing (c) with (d), one finds that in the region where the NO2 amount is very high (>1.6 x 1016 molecules/cm2), the retrieved nLw is very low (<0.1 mW/cm2/micro m/sr). Incorporation of the NO2 atmospheric correction [(e)] results in higher nLw values over high NO2 amount areas [(c)]. The underestimation in the mean value of nLw for the scene is ~17%. For further details, see the paper by Ahmad et al., pp. 6504-6512.
- Oct 01 2014 : ‘Smart’ Bandage Emits Phosphorescent Glow for Healing Below
- Sep 29 2014 : Optics Express Research - CMOS-compatible germanium-tin on silicon could make inexpensive IR camera sensor
- Sep 19 2014 : Optica Research - Electricity and Light Sent Along Same Super-thin Wire
- Sep 18 2014 : Optics Letters - Learn more about OL's acceptance criteria and editorial procedures.
- Amplitude-only, passive, broadband, optical spatial...
- Recent advances in digital holography [Invited]
- Optical properties of the metals Al, Co, Cu, Au, Fe, Pb,...
- Digital Holography and 3D Imaging: introduction
- Optical properties of metallic films for vertical-cavity...
- Laser Beams and Resonators
- Phase retrieval algorithms: a comparison
- Optical Constants of Water in the 200-nm to 200-?m...
- Generation of annular beam by a novel class of Fresnel zone...
- Measurement of the orbital angular momentum density of...