Volumetric three-dimensional displays project volume-filling imagery visible from almost any point of view, such as this translucent sugar molecule and snowman with its arm occluding its body. For further details, see the paper by Cossairt et al., pp. 1244-1250.
- Apr 14 2014 : Let the Sun Shine In: Redirecting Sunlight to Urban Alleyways - In dense, urban centers around the world, many people live and work... more
- Apr 07 2014 : Alison Taylor Joins The Optical Society as Executive Editor - The Optical Society (OSA) announced today that Alison Taylor has... more
- Mar 20 2014 : Shrink Wrap Used to Enhance Detection of Infectious Disease Biomarkers - Detecting HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, malaria and other deadly infectious... more
- Feb 24 2014 : Thicker than Water: Medical Researchers Use Light to Quickly and Easily Measure Blood’s Clotting Properties - To provide caregivers with timely information about the clotting... more
- Optical properties of the metals Al, Co, Cu, Au, Fe, Pb,...
- Optical Constants of Water in the 200-nm to 200-?m...
- Optical Properties of Metallic Films for Vertical-Cavity...
- Huygens–Feynman–Fresnel principle as the...
- Vibration detection by observation of speckle patterns
- Phase retrieval algorithms: a comparison
- Optical properties of fourteen metals in the infrared and...
- Phase retrieval algorithms: a personal tour [Invited]
- Laser Beams and Resonators
- Blue moons and Martian sunsets