Topics in this Issue
Experimental results of a 3D-2D convertible flat panel display system. The system is composed of a transmission type spatial light modulator (SLM) and an organic light emitting diode (OLED) backlight. In 2D display mode the OLED is used as a planar backlight source while the 2D image appears on the SLM. In 3D display mode the OLED operates as a point light source array backlight, and elemental images to integrate into a 3D image are provided to the SLM. The overall system is a thin 3D-2D convertible display system with full 2D resolution and good light efficiency for 3D mode. For details, see the paper by Kim et al., pp. 4927-4934.
- Jan 26 2015 : Optica Research - Entanglement on a Chip: Breakthrough Promises Secure Communications and Faster Computers
- Jan 23 2015 : OSA Welcomes New Editor of Applied Optics
- Jan 05 2015 : Seeking Editor-in-Chief Nominations for Biomedical Optics Express and Optical Materials Express - Deadline: 1 February 2015. Nomination details
- Dec 19 2014 : Applied Optics Research - Yellowstone's Thermal Springs -- Their Colors Unveiled
- Real-time, high-accuracy 3D imaging and shape measurement
- Two-dimensional continuous wavelet transform for phase...
- Parameter discretization in two-dimensional continuous...
- Detection of Golden apples’ climacteric peak by...
- Optical properties of the metals Al, Co, Cu, Au, Fe, Pb,...
- Optical properties of metallic films for vertical-cavity...
- Fiber lasers and their applications [Invited]
- Digital Holography and 3D Imaging: introduction
- Recent advances in digital holography [Invited]
- Phase retrieval algorithms: a comparison