Topics in this Issue
Experimental results of a 3D-2D convertible flat panel display system. The system is composed of a transmission type spatial light modulator (SLM) and an organic light emitting diode (OLED) backlight. In 2D display mode the OLED is used as a planar backlight source while the 2D image appears on the SLM. In 3D display mode the OLED operates as a point light source array backlight, and elemental images to integrate into a 3D image are provided to the SLM. The overall system is a thin 3D-2D convertible display system with full 2D resolution and good light efficiency for 3D mode. For details, see the paper by Kim et al., pp. 4927-4934.
- Aug 28 2014 : This is Your Brain's Blood Vessels on Drugs - A new method for measuring and imaging how quickly blood flows in the... more
- Aug 20 2014 : Optica Research - UAlberta Engineers Take Major Step Toward Photonic Circuits. Nano-optical cables could replace copper wiring on computer chips… more
- Aug 06 2014 : Optica Research - New Hand-Held Device Uses Lasers, Sound Waves for Deeper Melanoma Imaging
- Jul 30 2014 : OSA Journal Portfolio Continues to Lead Optics Category in Total Citations and Articles in Thomson Reuters 2014 Journal Citation Reports - The Optical Society (OSA) is pleased to announce its full portfolio... more
- Optical properties of the metals Al, Co, Cu, Au, Fe, Pb,...
- Optical properties of metallic films for vertical-cavity...
- Phase retrieval algorithms: a comparison
- Laser Beams and Resonators
- Recent advances in digital holography [Invited]
- Measuring very low optical powers with a common camera
- Exact analytic solutions of Maxwell’s equations...
- Simplifying numerical ray tracing for characterization of...
- Optical Constants of Water in the 200-nm to 200-?m...
- Multimode interference devices with...