Topics in this Issue
Top: Rare display of pyramidal ice crystal halos in Tampere, Finland, on 5 June 2008. The image has been slightly contrast enhanced. For details, see the paper by Luomanen, pp. H199-H202. Bottom: Nearly complete primary and secondary rainbows photographed with a fisheye lens on 17 August 2000 near sunset from the weather station at the summit of Mount Wendelstein, Bavaria; the Wendelstein Observatory is visible in the foreground. Photograph courtesy of Claudia Hinz.
- Jan 26 2015 : Optica Research - Entanglement on a Chip: Breakthrough Promises Secure Communications and Faster Computers
- Jan 23 2015 : OSA Welcomes New Editor of Applied Optics
- Jan 05 2015 : Seeking Editor-in-Chief Nominations for Biomedical Optics Express and Optical Materials Express - Deadline: 1 February 2015. Nomination details
- Dec 19 2014 : Applied Optics Research - Yellowstone's Thermal Springs -- Their Colors Unveiled
- Real-time, high-accuracy 3D imaging and shape measurement
- Two-dimensional continuous wavelet transform for phase...
- Parameter discretization in two-dimensional continuous...
- Optical properties of metallic films for vertical-cavity...
- Phase retrieval algorithms: a comparison
- Optical properties of the metals Al, Co, Cu, Au, Fe, Pb,...
- Fiber lasers and their applications [Invited]
- Optical constants of Cu, Ag, and Au revisited
- Three-dimensional display system using near on-axis,...
- Review of multiscale optical design