Topics in this Issue
Erbium and ytterbium codoped KLu(WO4)2 single crystals grown by top seeded solution growth. This material belongs to the monoclinic system, with the space group C2/c and unit cell parameters a=10.576 Å, b=10.214 Å, c=7.487 Å, and b=130.68°. Diode-pumped laser action at the 1550 nm eye-safe region has been achieved in this material. The data reported in this paper are the result of a collaboration between the research group FiCMA (Spain) and KTH (Sweden). For details see the paper by Bjurshagen et al., pp. 656-665.
- May 02 2013 : On-site Asbestos Detector Offers Promise of Better Workplace Safety - Asbestos was once called a miracle material because of its toughness... more
- Apr 29 2013 : Now available for conference papers! A PDF of the poster presentation has been linked to a select number of poster session papers. Those papers with an accompanying poster presentation PDF will be denoted by a multimedia icon.
- Apr 24 2013 : New LED Streetlight Design Curbs Light Pollution - Recent innovations in light emitting diodes (LEDs) have improved the... more
- Apr 19 2013 : Optics Letters' page limit is increasing to 4 pages, effective for new submissions beginning on 1 May 2013.
- Phase retrieval algorithms: a personal tour [Invited]
- Cylindrical lenses—focusing and imaging: a review...
- Imaging systems and applications
- Toward a super imaging system [Invited]
- 50 years of optics research [Invited]
- Advances in three-dimensional integral imaging: sensing,...
- Optical properties of the metals Al, Co, Cu, Au, Fe, Pb,...
- Precision absolute positional measurement of laser beams
- Phase retrieval using nonlinear diversity
- Digital holography and 3D imaging: introduction to feature...