Topics in this Issue
Erbium and ytterbium codoped KLu(WO4)2 single crystals grown by top seeded solution growth. This material belongs to the monoclinic system, with the space group C2/c and unit cell parameters a=10.576 Å, b=10.214 Å, c=7.487 Å, and b=130.68°. Diode-pumped laser action at the 1550 nm eye-safe region has been achieved in this material. The data reported in this paper are the result of a collaboration between the research group FiCMA (Spain) and KTH (Sweden). For details see the paper by Bjurshagen et al., pp. 656-665.
- Aug 20 2014 : Optica Research | UAlberta Engineers Take Major Step Toward Photonic Circuits - nano-optical cables that could replace copper wiring on computer chips… more
- Aug 06 2014 : Optica Research | New Hand-Held Device Uses Lasers, Sound Waves for Deeper Melanoma Imaging
- Jul 30 2014 : OSA Journal Portfolio Continues to Lead Optics Category in Total Citations and Articles in Thomson Reuters 2014 Journal Citation Reports - The Optical Society (OSA) is pleased to announce its full portfolio... more
- Jul 28 2014 : Wearable Device for the Early Detection of Common Diabetes-related Neurological Condition - A group of researchers in Taiwan has developed a new optical... more
- Optical properties of the metals Al, Co, Cu, Au, Fe, Pb,...
- Optical properties of metallic films for vertical-cavity...
- Laser Beams and Resonators
- Fast & Furious focal-plane wavefront sensing
- Optical Constants of Water in the 200-nm to 200-?m...
- Exact analytic solutions of Maxwell’s equations...
- Phase retrieval algorithms: a comparison
- Simplifying numerical ray tracing for characterization of...
- Model-based phase shifting interferometry
- Measuring refractive index using the focal displacement...