Topics in this Issue
Time-gated imaging of ballistic photons from a femtosecond laser source revealing the structures inside the dense cores of liquid-rocket-engine injector sprays. The ballistic-imaging concept is depicted at upper left; the associated instrumentation is presented schematically at upper right. Bottom figure: the six images in the top row reveal the core structures discernible through ballistic imaging; the six images in the bottom row show the limited core-structure information available through conventional shadowgraphy. For more information see the paper by Schmidt et al., pp. B137-B144.(Graphics design by Michael Bruggeman, RCF Information Systems)
- Aug 28 2014 : This is Your Brain's Blood Vessels on Drugs - A new method for measuring and imaging how quickly blood flows in the... more
- Aug 20 2014 : Optica Research - UAlberta Engineers Take Major Step Toward Photonic Circuits. Nano-optical cables could replace copper wiring on computer chips… more
- Aug 06 2014 : Optica Research - New Hand-Held Device Uses Lasers, Sound Waves for Deeper Melanoma Imaging
- Jul 30 2014 : OSA Journal Portfolio Continues to Lead Optics Category in Total Citations and Articles in Thomson Reuters 2014 Journal Citation Reports - The Optical Society (OSA) is pleased to announce its full portfolio... more
- Optical properties of the metals Al, Co, Cu, Au, Fe, Pb,...
- Optical properties of metallic films for vertical-cavity...
- Phase retrieval algorithms: a comparison
- Laser Beams and Resonators
- Recent advances in digital holography [Invited]
- Measuring very low optical powers with a common camera
- Exact analytic solutions of Maxwell’s equations...
- Simplifying numerical ray tracing for characterization of...
- Optical Constants of Water in the 200-nm to 200-?m...
- Multimode interference devices with...