Topics in this Issue
Laser marking using spatial light modulator to modify the beam shape as the laser scans from left to right: a process synchronization approach is presented to avoid machining glitches caused by the finite response time of the liquid crystal layer. For details see the paper by Beck et al., pp. 2899-2905.
- Feb 24 2014 : Thicker than Water: Medical Researchers Use Light to Quickly and Easily Measure Blood’s Clotting Properties - To provide caregivers with timely information about the clotting... more
- Feb 18 2014 : A Stretchable Highway for Light - A team of Belgian researchers reports progress on this front with... more
- Feb 11 2014 : First 3-D Movies of Living Sperm - more
- Feb 05 2014 : OSA to Launch New Gold Open-Access Journal Focused on High-Impact Results - The Optical Society (OSA) today announced it will publish a new... more
- Optical properties of the metals Al, Co, Cu, Au, Fe, Pb,...
- Huygens–Feynman–Fresnel principle as the...
- Optical Properties of Metallic Films for Vertical-Cavity...
- Optical properties of fourteen metals in the infrared and...
- Toward a super imaging system [Invited]
- Aberration considerations in lens tolerancing
- Phase retrieval algorithms: a personal tour [Invited]
- Vibration detection by observation of speckle patterns
- Self-mode-locked 2 μm Tm3+-doped...
- Optical Constants of Water in the 200-nm to 200-?m...