Applied Optics Feature Announcement
Accepting Submissions: 1 October 2013
Submission Deadline: 15 November 2013
The 11th International Conference on Correlation Optics was held in September 2013 in Chernivtsi, Ukraine. Since 1993, this biannual conference has attracted participants from more than two dozen countries. Optical correlation techniques (including regular and polarization interferometry, interference and diffraction microscopy, specklometry, holographic correlometry, fractal optics, and measurement of optical chaos and optical singularities) offer a wealth of promise in research and development and can serve diverse applications such as industrial quality control, modern telecommunications, and life sciences.
The 2012 publication of Applied Optics' Correlation Optics feature issue (Volume 51, Issue 10) followed the resounding success of the 10th International Conference on Correlation Optics, held in Chernivtsi in September 2011. Thirty-seven best conference contributions and papers submitted through open call were included and represented state-of-the-art research from around the world.
Topics to be covered in the 2014 Applied Optics feature of Correlation Optics include:
- Informative content of statistical optical fields, including optical chaos, singular optics, polarization optics and coherence;
- Optical correlation devices based on diffractive optical elements, including optical and digital holography, fractal optics, optical sensors;
- Optical correlation diagnostics, interferometry and microscopy of rough surfaces and random media;
- New applications of correlation optics in biology and medicine; and
- Optical techniques, systems and elements of telecommunications.
Manuscripts must be prepared according to the usual standards for submission to Applied Optics; see the Information for Contributors in any printed issue or the OSA Style Guide. Manuscripts must also be uploaded through OSA's electronic submission system. All submissions must be submitted to the Information Processing Division. Please specify that the manuscript is for the Correlation Optics feature (choose from the feature issue drop-down menu).
Feature Issue Editors
Oleg V. Angelsky
Chernivtsi National University, Ukraine
University of North Carolina at Charlotte, USA
Australian National University, Australia
University of Electro-Communications, Japan
DTU Fotonik, Denmark
Uniwersytet Warszawski, Poland