Announcement of an IEEE/OSA
Journal of Lightwave Technology Special Issue on:
"Very High Throughput Wireless over Fiber Technologies and Applications"
The IEEE/OSA Journal of Lightwave Technology invites manuscript submissions in the area of "Very High Throughput Wireless over Fiber Technologies and Applications."
In view of the breath-taking pace of new RF wireless communication technologies for multi-gigabit data and video applications using 60-90 GHz millimeter wave (mm-W) carriers in additional to tradition RF technologies for LAN and PAN applications, such as WiGig, WiMedia, WiFi VHT, Bluetooth etc., we believe the time is right to dedicate a special issue to focus on signal processing, system integration, and delivery of multi-gigabit, very high throughput (VHT) wireless services using wireless over fiber (WoF) technologies.Highlighting:
- Wireless over fiber (WoF) network architecture design and analysis
- Radio over fiber (RoF) technologies
- Wireless and optical system interface design and requirements
- Modulation techniques for WoF systems
- WoF transceiver IC design and antenna integration
- Multi-band wireless distribution over fiber using DAS antenna systems
- Delivery of multi-band, multi-gigabit wireless systems in WDM-PON
- Ethernet wireless backhaul using PON access networks
- Convergence of optical and wireless access networks
- RF and mm-W signal generation, transmission, and processing for WoF systems
- MAC layer protocol for wireless over fiber systems
- OFDM and OFDMA WoF transmission technologies
- Frequency allocation schemes for WoF systems
- Wireless over fiber technologies for DWDM metro area networks
- Standards and protocols for WoF networks
- WoF technology for high speed interconnects for high performance computers
- WoF technology for internet access on high speed trains and vehicles
Novel implementations may include wireless signal over CAT cables and free space optics (FSO). Technical approaches for optical wireless sensor communication systems are also of interest.
The Guest Editors for this issue are: Gee-Kung Chang, Georgia Tech. USA, Ian White, Cambridge University; Shizhong Xie, Tsinghua University; Georgios Ellinas, University of Cyprus.
The deadline for submission of the manuscripts is November 1, 2009 and publication is scheduled for the June 15, 2010 issue of JLT. Please upload your paper to Manuscript Central (http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/jlt-ieee) and choose the *2010 VHT Wireless* special issue. All submissions will be reviewed in accordance with the normal procedures of the Journal.
For all papers published in JLT, there are voluntary page charges of $110.00 per page for each page up to eight pages. Invited papers can be twelve pages in length before overlength page charges of $260.00 per page are levied. The length of each paper is estimated when it is received in the Editorial Office. Authors of papers that appear to be overlength are notified and given the option to shorten the paper; otherwise, mandatory overlength charges will be assessed. Additional charges will apply if color figures are required. Please adhere to the 2-column, 8-page format upon submission. Invited papers can be 12 pages long without incurring mandatory page charges. Any questions, please contact Doug Hargis at 1 732 562 6829 or email@example.com.