Topics in this Issue
Single-frame excerpts from a video sequence showing the impact of the filling parameter βG on the illumination PSF (xz plane, y=0; units are in μm) of a 40 × NA=0.95 dry objective (n1=n1* =1) illuminated with circularly polarized light (ΦBS,ill=π/4, δill=π/2) of wavelength λill=488 nm. See Nasse and Woehl, pp. 295302.
- Aug 28 2014 : This is Your Brain's Blood Vessels on Drugs - A new method for measuring and imaging how quickly blood flows in the... more
- Aug 20 2014 : Optica Research - UAlberta Engineers Take Major Step Toward Photonic Circuits. Nano-optical cables could replace copper wiring on computer chips… more
- Aug 06 2014 : Optica Research - New Hand-Held Device Uses Lasers, Sound Waves for Deeper Melanoma Imaging
- Jul 30 2014 : OSA Journal Portfolio Continues to Lead Optics Category in Total Citations and Articles in Thomson Reuters 2014 Journal Citation Reports - The Optical Society (OSA) is pleased to announce its full portfolio... more
- Discrete-Dipole Approximation For Scattering Calculations
- Coupled-mode theory for optical waveguides: an overview
- Asymmetric Bessel–Gauss beams
- On x-ray phase imaging with a point source
- Optical phase under deep turbulence conditions
- Numerical solution of nonparaxial scalar diffraction...
- Analysis of Fibonacci gratings and their diffraction...
- Partially coherent beam propagation in atmospheric...
- Formulation for stable and efficient implementation of the...
- Maxwell-Gaussian beams with cylindrical polarization