Topics in this Issue
Single-frame excerpts from a video sequence showing the impact of the filling parameter βG on the illumination PSF (xz plane, y=0; units are in μm) of a 40 × NA=0.95 dry objective (n1=n1* =1) illuminated with circularly polarized light (ΦBS,ill=π/4, δill=π/2) of wavelength λill=488 nm. See Nasse and Woehl, pp. 295302.
- Aug 06 2014 : New Hand-Held Device Uses Lasers, Sound Waves for Deeper Melanoma Imaging - A new hand-held device that uses lasers and sound waves may change... more
- Jul 30 2014 : OSA Journal Portfolio Continues to Lead Optics Category in Total Citations and Articles in Thomson Reuters 2014 Journal Citation Reports - The Optical Society (OSA) is pleased to announce its full portfolio... more
- Jul 28 2014 : Wearable Device for the Early Detection of Common Diabetes-related Neurological Condition - A group of researchers in Taiwan has developed a new optical... more
- Jul 22 2014 : Self-cooling Solar Cells Boost Power, Last Longer - Scientists at Stanford University may have overcome one of the major... more
- Discrete-Dipole Approximation For Scattering Calculations
- Nonparaxial propagation and focusing properties of...
- Coupled-mode theory for optical waveguides: an overview
- Maxwell-Gaussian beams with cylindrical polarization
- Simple interferometric technique for generation of a...
- Analysis of Fibonacci gratings and their diffraction...
- Generation of hollow beam with radially polarized vortex...
- Zernike expansion of derivatives and Laplacians of the...
- Classical light beams and geometric phases
- Practical cone-beam algorithm