- On-site Asbestos Detector Offers Promise of Better Workplace Safety - Asbestos was once called a miracle material because of its toughness... more
May 02 2013
- Now available for conference papers! A PDF of the poster presentation has been linked to a select number of poster session papers. Those papers with an accompanying poster presentation PDF will be denoted by a multimedia icon.
Apr 29 2013
- New LED Streetlight Design Curbs Light Pollution - Recent innovations in light emitting diodes (LEDs) have improved the... more
Apr 24 2013
- Optics Letters' page limit is increasing to 4 pages, effective for new submissions beginning on 1 May 2013.
Apr 19 2013
- New camera system creates high-resolution 3-D images from up to a kilometer away - A standard camera takes flat, 2-D pictures. To get 3-D information,... more
Apr 04 2013
- OSA Launches New Prism System to Streamline Journal Submissions - The Optical Society (OSA) today announced the launch of PrismTM, its... more
Mar 20 2013
- Intense Terahertz Pulses Cause DNA Damage But Also Induce DNA Repair - Terahertz (THz) radiation, a slice of the electromagnetic spectrum... more
Mar 14 2013
- The OSA journal Applied Optics has just published the Feature Issue Imaging Systems and Applications.
Mar 04 2013
- Infrared Digital Holography Allows Firefighters to See Through Flames, Image Moving People - Firefighters put their lives on the line in some of the most... more
Feb 26 2013
- The OSA Board of Editors welcomes nominations for AOP, JOCN, and OL Journal Editor-in-Chiefs.
Feb 21 2013
- New Imaging Device That Is Flexible, Flat, and Transparent - Digital cameras, medical scanners, and other imaging technologies... more
Feb 20 2013
- OSA Announces Editorial Board for New Photonics Research Journal - The Optical Society (OSA) today announced the editorial board members... more
Feb 19 2013
- Chinese Optics Letters (COL) celebrates its 10th Anniversary in 2013—see the commemorative special issue.
Feb 13 2013
- The OSA journal Applied Optics has just published the Feature Issue Applied Industrial Optics.
Feb 05 2013
- OSA is pleased to announce the recipients of the 2012 OSA Outstanding Reviewer Award.
Jan 31 2013
- Progressive Optics for Side Mirrors Ends Automobile Blind Spots without Distorting View - A new optical prescription for automobile side-view mirrors may... more
Jan 28 2013
- Self-Assembling Silica Microwires May Herald New Generation of Integrated Optical Devices - Silica microwires are the tiny and as-yet underutilized cousins of... more
Jan 23 2013
- OSA Announces New Journal Editors, Unveils New Contemporary Cover Designs for 2013 - The Optical Society (OSA) today announced new editors-in-chief for... more
Jan 10 2013
- Scientists Mimic Fireflies to Make Brighter LEDs - The nighttime twinkling of fireflies has inspired scientists to... more
Jan 08 2013
- The OSA journal Applied Optics has just published the Feature Issue Digital Holography and 3-D Imaging.
Jan 02 2013