Two examples of images taken with the experimental setup designed for measuring diffusely backscattered polarized light. The authors report on the development of a method that reocrds spatially dependent untensity patterns of polarized light that is diffusely backscattered from highly scattering media. It is demonstrated that these intensity patterns can be used to differentiate turbid media. [See article by Hielscher, Eick, Mourant, Shen, Freyer and Bigio for details.]
- Aug 28 2014 : This is Your Brain's Blood Vessels on Drugs - A new method for measuring and imaging how quickly blood flows in the... more
- Aug 20 2014 : Optica Research - UAlberta Engineers Take Major Step Toward Photonic Circuits. Nano-optical cables could replace copper wiring on computer chips… more
- Aug 06 2014 : Optica Research - New Hand-Held Device Uses Lasers, Sound Waves for Deeper Melanoma Imaging
- Jul 30 2014 : OSA Journal Portfolio Continues to Lead Optics Category in Total Citations and Articles in Thomson Reuters 2014 Journal Citation Reports - The Optical Society (OSA) is pleased to announce its full portfolio... more
- Making smart phones smarter with photonics
- The partial space qualification of a vertically aligned...
- Image transmission through dynamic scattering media by...
- Single LP0,n mode excitation in multimode fibers
- Photoluminescence emission and Raman response of monolayer...
- Nanoplasmonics: past, present, and glimpse into future
- All-digital wavefront sensing for structured light beams
- A 3D integral imaging optical see-through head-mounted...
- Closed-loop adaptive optics system with a single liquid...
- Subwavelength grating filtering devices