Experimental output from a two-color pattern formation element (PFE). These are elements that generate intensity patterns in the focal plane formed from many closely packed focal spots. The PFE was fabricated in fused silica, with a period of 2mm. The photograph of the output is slightly over-exposed in an uneven manner for the two colors, so it fails to show the sharpness of the image that is observed in the laboratory. The size of the "red" image is approximately 1.5 times that of the "blue" image [see article by I.A. Barton, et al., for details].
- Aug 20 2014 : Optica Research - UAlberta Engineers Take Major Step Toward Photonic Circuits. Nano-optical cables could replace copper wiring on computer chips… more
- Aug 06 2014 : Optica Research - New Hand-Held Device Uses Lasers, Sound Waves for Deeper Melanoma Imaging
- Jul 30 2014 : OSA Journal Portfolio Continues to Lead Optics Category in Total Citations and Articles in Thomson Reuters 2014 Journal Citation Reports - The Optical Society (OSA) is pleased to announce its full portfolio... more
- Jul 28 2014 : Wearable Device for the Early Detection of Common Diabetes-related Neurological Condition - A group of researchers in Taiwan has developed a new optical... more
- Making smart phones smarter with photonics
- The partial space qualification of a vertically aligned...
- Image transmission through dynamic scattering media by...
- Single LP0,n mode excitation in multimode fibers
- Photoluminescence emission and Raman response of monolayer...
- Nanoplasmonics: past, present, and glimpse into future
- All-digital wavefront sensing for structured light beams
- A 3D integral imaging optical see-through head-mounted...
- Closed-loop adaptive optics system with a single liquid...
- Subwavelength grating filtering devices