Reflected power as a function of in the region of excitation of surface modes a0/k0, for several values of the ratio 1/y0, for the incidence of an ordinary wave. Authors study the double excitation of surface modes at a metallic film that separates a uniaxial medium from an isotropic dielectric. [See article by Miriam L. Gigli and Richardo A. Depine for details.]
- Aug 28 2014 : This is Your Brain's Blood Vessels on Drugs - A new method for measuring and imaging how quickly blood flows in the... more
- Aug 20 2014 : Optica Research - UAlberta Engineers Take Major Step Toward Photonic Circuits. Nano-optical cables could replace copper wiring on computer chips… more
- Aug 06 2014 : Optica Research - New Hand-Held Device Uses Lasers, Sound Waves for Deeper Melanoma Imaging
- Jul 30 2014 : OSA Journal Portfolio Continues to Lead Optics Category in Total Citations and Articles in Thomson Reuters 2014 Journal Citation Reports - The Optical Society (OSA) is pleased to announce its full portfolio... more
- Making smart phones smarter with photonics
- Classical to quantum transfer of optical vortices
- Photoluminescence emission and Raman response of monolayer...
- Single-mode optical fiber for high-power, low-loss UV...
- Subwavelength grating filtering devices
- Nanoplasmonics: past, present, and glimpse into future
- Ultrafast 2D IR microscopy
- Mid-infrared supercontinuum generation to 12.5μm in...
- Graphene Oxide vs. Reduced Graphene Oxide as saturable...
- Coherent control of Snell’s law at metasurfaces