Calculated diffraction efficiency of the binary 1250 lines/mm transmission grating in fused silica as a function of duty cycle and groove depth. Authors report on the generation of linearly chirped parabolic pulses with 17-W average power at 75 MHz repetition rate and diffraction-limited beam quality in a large-mode-area ytterbium-doped fiber amplifier. [See article by Limpert et al. Fig. 4 for details.]
- Jul 02 2014 : Overcoming Light Scattering: Single-pixel Optical System Uses Compressive Sensing to See Deeper Inside Tissue - A team of researchers from Spain’s Jaume I University (UJI) and the... more
- Jun 26 2014 : Packing Hundreds of Sensors into a Single Optical Fiber for use in Harsh Environments - By fusing together the concepts of active fiber sensors and... more
- Jun 19 2014 : A Better Imager for Identifying Tumors - Research published today in OSA's journal Optics Letters details a... more
- Jun 18 2014 : Making Smartphones Smarter with See-through Sensors - Your smartphone’s display glass could soon be more than just a pretty... more
- Making smart phones smarter with photonics
- A 3D integral imaging optical see-through head-mounted...
- All-digital wavefront sensing for structured light beams
- Ptychographic microscope for three-dimensional imaging
- Nanoplasmonics: past, present, and glimpse into future
- Nonlinear optics in daily life
- Giant all-optical tunable group velocity dispersion in an...
- Real-time integral imaging system for light field microscopy
- Photoluminescence emission and Raman response of monolayer...
- Optical phase imaging using a synthetic aperture phase...