Movie of the electric field intensity input coupling from the silica waveguides (SWG) to the planar photonic crystal (PPC) waveguide employing the PPC taper without the optimized two-defects configuration. Authors report a mode matching technique for highly efficient coupling between dielectric SWG and PPC waveguides based on setting localized defects in a PPC tapered waveguide. [See article by Sanchis et al. Fig. 4 for details.]
- Aug 06 2014 : New Hand-Held Device Uses Lasers, Sound Waves for Deeper Melanoma Imaging - A new hand-held device that uses lasers and sound waves may change... more
- Jul 30 2014 : OSA Journal Portfolio Continues to Lead Optics Category in Total Citations and Articles in Thomson Reuters 2014 Journal Citation Reports - The Optical Society (OSA) is pleased to announce its full portfolio... more
- Jul 28 2014 : Wearable Device for the Early Detection of Common Diabetes-related Neurological Condition - A group of researchers in Taiwan has developed a new optical... more
- Jul 22 2014 : Self-cooling Solar Cells Boost Power, Last Longer - Scientists at Stanford University may have overcome one of the major... more
- Making smart phones smarter with photonics
- The partial space qualification of a vertically aligned...
- Image transmission through dynamic scattering media by...
- Single LP0,n mode excitation in multimode fibers
- Photoluminescence emission and Raman response of monolayer...
- Nanoplasmonics: past, present, and glimpse into future
- All-digital wavefront sensing for structured light beams
- A 3D integral imaging optical see-through head-mounted...
- Closed-loop adaptive optics system with a single liquid...
- Subwavelength grating filtering devices