Evolution of the zone-plate diffraction patterns in a selfoc medium with a Fresnel zone plate of the amplitude. Diffraction patterns inside gradient-index media in which a complex zone plate is placed at a Fourier transform plane are studied by making use of the optical propagator. [See article by Rivas-Moscoso et al. Fig. 3 for details.]
- Jul 22 2014 : Self-cooling Solar Cells Boost Power, Last Longer - Scientists at Stanford University may have overcome one of the major... more
- Jul 22 2014 : The Optical Society Launches Optica, New Open-Access Journal for Highest-Impact Research in the Science of Light - The Optical Society (OSA) today published the first issue of Optica,... more
- Jul 18 2014 : Improving Driver Safety: How to Prevent Streetlight Glare in the New World of LED Lighting - Long hours of nighttime driving can cause eyestrain because while our... more
- Jul 02 2014 : Overcoming Light Scattering: Single-pixel Optical System Uses Compressive Sensing to See Deeper Inside Tissue - A team of researchers from Spain’s Jaume I University (UJI) and the... more
- Making smart phones smarter with photonics
- A 3D integral imaging optical see-through head-mounted...
- All-digital wavefront sensing for structured light beams
- Ptychographic microscope for three-dimensional imaging
- Nanoplasmonics: past, present, and glimpse into future
- Nonlinear optics in daily life
- Giant all-optical tunable group velocity dispersion in an...
- Real-time integral imaging system for light field microscopy
- Photoluminescence emission and Raman response of monolayer...
- Optical phase imaging using a synthetic aperture phase...