Movie shows the dynamics of the energy density distribution of the l = 1 optical vortex varying with time in the focus plane perpendicular to the optical axis. Authors study the optical trapping phenomena by using computer simulation to show a detailed account of the process of momentum exchange between a focused light and a microscopic particle in an optical trapping by use of the finite difference time domain method. [See article by Zhang et al. Fig. 6(c) for details.]
- Dec 19 2014 : Yellowstone's Thermal Springs -- Their Colors Unveiled
- Dec 15 2014 : Biomedical Optics Express Research - Potential New Tool for Cervical Cancer Detection and Diagnosis
- Dec 15 2014 : Optica Research - Fraud-proof Credit Cards Possible with Quantum Physics
- Dec 03 2014 : Applied Optics Research - Ever Tried a "Laser Delicious" Apple?
- Photoluminescence emission and Raman response of monolayer...
- Lensless imaging through thin diffusive media
- High-speed absolute three-dimensional shape measurement...
- All-dielectric subwavelength metasurface focusing lens
- Paraxial ray optics cloaking
- 3D superresolution microscopy by supercritical angle...
- Light field geometry of a standard plenoptic camera
- Graphene Oxide vs. Reduced Graphene Oxide as saturable...
- High-resolution fluorescence imaging via...
- Ultra-low-loss tapered optical fibers with minimal lengths