Estimates for the optical absorption using the modelling error approach combined with LM iteration. Authors propose an approach for the estimation of the optical absorption coefficient in medical optical tomography in the presence of geometric mismodelling. [See article by Heino et al. Fig. 5 for details.]
- Feb 24 2014 : Thicker than Water: Medical Researchers Use Light to Quickly and Easily Measure Blood’s Clotting Properties - To provide caregivers with timely information about the clotting... more
- Feb 18 2014 : A Stretchable Highway for Light - A team of Belgian researchers reports progress on this front with... more
- Feb 11 2014 : First 3-D Movies of Living Sperm - more
- Feb 05 2014 : OSA to Launch New Gold Open-Access Journal Focused on High-Impact Results - The Optical Society (OSA) today announced it will publish a new... more
- Nonlinear optics in daily life
- Stretchable optical waveguides
- Nanoplasmonics: past, present, and glimpse into future
- Bridging the gap between optical fibers and silicon...
- Photoluminescence emission and Raman response of monolayer...
- Focus issue on surface plasmon photonics introduction
- Photonic crystal nanocavity with a Q-factor of ~9 million
- Rapid generation of light beams carrying orbital angular...
- Adiabatically-tapered fiber mode multiplexers
- Polarization rotator-splitters in standard active silicon...