Movie shows shows eight polystyrene spheres moving along the perimeter of a triangle shape optical vortex. Authors present a deterministic method to generate modified helical beams which create optical vortices with desired dark core intensity patterns in the far-field. [See Lin et al. Fig. 4 for details.]
- Feb 24 2014 : Thicker than Water: Medical Researchers Use Light to Quickly and Easily Measure Blood’s Clotting Properties - To provide caregivers with timely information about the clotting... more
- Feb 18 2014 : A Stretchable Highway for Light - A team of Belgian researchers reports progress on this front with... more
- Feb 11 2014 : First 3-D Movies of Living Sperm - more
- Feb 05 2014 : OSA to Launch New Gold Open-Access Journal Focused on High-Impact Results - The Optical Society (OSA) today announced it will publish a new... more
- Nonlinear optics in daily life
- Stretchable optical waveguides
- Nanoplasmonics: past, present, and glimpse into future
- Bridging the gap between optical fibers and silicon...
- Photoluminescence emission and Raman response of monolayer...
- Focus issue on surface plasmon photonics introduction
- Photonic crystal nanocavity with a Q-factor of ~9 million
- Rapid generation of light beams carrying orbital angular...
- Adiabatically-tapered fiber mode multiplexers
- Polarization rotator-splitters in standard active silicon...