Topics in this Issue
Measured near field intensity profile of the passive 100 µm core emission. Authors report on an ytterbium-doped photonic crystal fiber with a core diameter of 60 µm and mode-field-area of ~2000 µm2 of the emitted fundamental mode. [See Limpert et al. Fig. 4 for details.]
- Oct 24 2013 : OSA Celebrates Open Access Week, Recognizes Need for Authors to Have Publishing Options - In celebration of “Open Access Week,” The Optical Society (OSA)... more
- Oct 23 2013 : Imaging Breast Cancer with Light - Breast cancer is one of the most common forms of cancer and cancer... more
- Oct 15 2013 : Zoomable Holograms Pave the Way for Versatile, Portable Projectors - Imagine giving a presentation to a roomful of important customers... more
- Oct 08 2013 : A Better Breathalyzer - , Italian researchers have developed a novel idea for an inexpensive,... more
- Focus issue on surface plasmon photonics introduction
- Nanoplasmonics: past, present, and glimpse into future
- Shaping of light beams along curves in three dimensions
- Rapid 3D light-sheet microscopy with a tunable lens
- Silicon photonic slot waveguide Bragg gratings and...
- Terahertz wireless communications based on photonics...
- Photoluminescence emission and Raman response of monolayer...
- Towards CMOS-compatible nanophotonics: Ultra-compact...
- Lensless zoomable holographic projection using scaled...
- Plasmonic metasurfaces for efficient phase control in...