Topics in this Issue
Typical digital camera images of filaments forming inside the fused silica block when using: (a) a circular hole of diameter 1.5 mm, 3 mm, 5 mm, 6 mm, 7 mm, and 9 mm respectively, and (b) a slit of width 1.5 mm, 2.1 mm, 2.5 mm, 3 mm, 3.7 mm, and 4.5 mm respectively. [See Z. Hao et al. Fig. 3 for details.]
- Jul 22 2014 : Self-cooling Solar Cells Boost Power, Last Longer - Scientists at Stanford University may have overcome one of the major... more
- Jul 22 2014 : The Optical Society Launches Optica, New Open-Access Journal for Highest-Impact Research in the Science of Light - The Optical Society (OSA) today published the first issue of Optica,... more
- Jul 18 2014 : Improving Driver Safety: How to Prevent Streetlight Glare in the New World of LED Lighting - Long hours of nighttime driving can cause eyestrain because while our... more
- Jul 02 2014 : Overcoming Light Scattering: Single-pixel Optical System Uses Compressive Sensing to See Deeper Inside Tissue - A team of researchers from Spain’s Jaume I University (UJI) and the... more
- Making smart phones smarter with photonics
- A 3D integral imaging optical see-through head-mounted...
- All-digital wavefront sensing for structured light beams
- Ptychographic microscope for three-dimensional imaging
- Nanoplasmonics: past, present, and glimpse into future
- Nonlinear optics in daily life
- Giant all-optical tunable group velocity dispersion in an...
- Real-time integral imaging system for light field microscopy
- Photoluminescence emission and Raman response of monolayer...
- Optical phase imaging using a synthetic aperture phase...