Topics in this Issue
The authors numerically investigate the absorption enhancement of an amorphous Si solar cell, in which a periodical one-dimensional nanowall or two-dimensional nanopillar structure of the Ag back-reflector is fabricated such that a dome-shaped grating geometry is formed after Si deposition and indium-tin-oxide coating. Electrical field amplitude distributions (in log scale) at the wavelengths of 500 (a), 600 (b), 695 (c), and 745 (d) nm in the solar cell with a 1-D grating of h = 110 nm when TEpolarized sunlight is normally incident (Ã?Â¸ = 0). See Y.-W. Kiang et al. Fig. 6 for details.
- Aug 20 2014 : Optica Research - UAlberta Engineers Take Major Step Toward Photonic Circuits. Nano-optical cables could replace copper wiring on computer chips… more
- Aug 06 2014 : Optica Research - New Hand-Held Device Uses Lasers, Sound Waves for Deeper Melanoma Imaging
- Jul 30 2014 : OSA Journal Portfolio Continues to Lead Optics Category in Total Citations and Articles in Thomson Reuters 2014 Journal Citation Reports - The Optical Society (OSA) is pleased to announce its full portfolio... more
- Jul 28 2014 : Wearable Device for the Early Detection of Common Diabetes-related Neurological Condition - A group of researchers in Taiwan has developed a new optical... more
- Making smart phones smarter with photonics
- The partial space qualification of a vertically aligned...
- Image transmission through dynamic scattering media by...
- Single LP0,n mode excitation in multimode fibers
- Photoluminescence emission and Raman response of monolayer...
- Nanoplasmonics: past, present, and glimpse into future
- All-digital wavefront sensing for structured light beams
- A 3D integral imaging optical see-through head-mounted...
- Closed-loop adaptive optics system with a single liquid...
- Subwavelength grating filtering devices