Oscillation of the steady-state field distribution at the resonant frequency for the particular photonic crystal channel drop filter structure. Authors present a general analysis of channel drop filter structures composed of two waveguides and an optical resonator system. [See article by Shanhui Fan, P.R. Villeneuve, J.D. Joannopoulos and H.A. Haus for details.]
- Apr 14 2014 : Let the Sun Shine In: Redirecting Sunlight to Urban Alleyways - In dense, urban centers around the world, many people live and work... more
- Apr 07 2014 : Alison Taylor Joins The Optical Society as Executive Editor - The Optical Society (OSA) announced today that Alison Taylor has... more
- Mar 20 2014 : Shrink Wrap Used to Enhance Detection of Infectious Disease Biomarkers - Detecting HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, malaria and other deadly infectious... more
- Feb 24 2014 : Thicker than Water: Medical Researchers Use Light to Quickly and Easily Measure Blood’s Clotting Properties - To provide caregivers with timely information about the clotting... more
- Nonlinear optics in daily life
- Nanoplasmonics: past, present, and glimpse into future
- Stretchable optical waveguides
- Photoluminescence emission and Raman response of monolayer...
- Bridging the gap between optical fibers and silicon...
- Polarization rotator-splitters in standard active silicon...
- Photonic crystal nanocavity with a Q-factor of ~9 million
- Graphene mode-locked Cr:ZnS laser with 41 fs pulse duration
- Adiabatically-tapered fiber mode multiplexers
- Graphene Oxide vs. Reduced Graphene Oxide as saturable...