Movie shows a moving square with colored circles (red, green, blue for intrinsic dimensions 3, 2, 1) indicating the intrinsic dimension of different movie regions. It is argued that important aspects of early and middle level visual coding may be understood as resulting from basic geometric processing of the visual input. [See article by Barth and Watson Fig. 2 for details.]
- Sep 29 2014 : Optics Express Research - CMOS-compatible germanium-tin on silicon could make inexpensive IR camera sensor
- Sep 19 2014 : Optica Research - Electricity and Light Sent Along Same Super-thin Wire
- Sep 18 2014 : Optics Letters - Learn more about OL's acceptance criteria and editorial procedures.
- Sep 17 2014 : Optics Letters Research - Optical probe gauges melanoma thickness
- Making smart phones smarter with photonics
- Classical to quantum transfer of optical vortices
- Photoluminescence emission and Raman response of monolayer...
- Single-mode optical fiber for high-power, low-loss UV...
- Subwavelength grating filtering devices
- Nanoplasmonics: past, present, and glimpse into future
- Ultrafast 2D IR microscopy
- Mid-infrared supercontinuum generation to 12.5μm in...
- Graphene Oxide vs. Reduced Graphene Oxide as saturable...
- Coherent control of Snell’s law at metasurfaces