Movie shows a moving square with colored circles (red, green, blue for intrinsic dimensions 3, 2, 1) indicating the intrinsic dimension of different movie regions. It is argued that important aspects of early and middle level visual coding may be understood as resulting from basic geometric processing of the visual input. [See article by Barth and Watson Fig. 2 for details.]
- Apr 14 2014 : Let the Sun Shine In: Redirecting Sunlight to Urban Alleyways - In dense, urban centers around the world, many people live and work... more
- Apr 07 2014 : Alison Taylor Joins The Optical Society as Executive Editor - The Optical Society (OSA) announced today that Alison Taylor has... more
- Mar 20 2014 : Shrink Wrap Used to Enhance Detection of Infectious Disease Biomarkers - Detecting HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, malaria and other deadly infectious... more
- Feb 24 2014 : Thicker than Water: Medical Researchers Use Light to Quickly and Easily Measure Blood’s Clotting Properties - To provide caregivers with timely information about the clotting... more
- Nonlinear optics in daily life
- Nanoplasmonics: past, present, and glimpse into future
- Stretchable optical waveguides
- Photoluminescence emission and Raman response of monolayer...
- Bridging the gap between optical fibers and silicon...
- Polarization rotator-splitters in standard active silicon...
- Photonic crystal nanocavity with a Q-factor of ~9 million
- Graphene mode-locked Cr:ZnS laser with 41 fs pulse duration
- Adiabatically-tapered fiber mode multiplexers
- Graphene Oxide vs. Reduced Graphene Oxide as saturable...