(Left) The field pattern of the optimized device for one 1550 nm signal. (Right) The field pattern of the optimized device for the 980 nm pump signal. Authors propose a multimode interference coupler for pumping two erbium-doped waveguide amplifiers from a single 980 nm pump channel. [See article by Bakhtazad et al. Fig. 5 for details.]
- Jul 30 2014 : OSA Journal Portfolio Continues to Lead Optics Category in Total Citations and Articles in Thomson Reuters 2014 Journal Citation Reports - The Optical Society (OSA) is pleased to announce its full portfolio... more
- Jul 28 2014 : Wearable Device for the Early Detection of Common Diabetes-related Neurological Condition - A group of researchers in Taiwan has developed a new optical... more
- Jul 22 2014 : Self-cooling Solar Cells Boost Power, Last Longer - Scientists at Stanford University may have overcome one of the major... more
- Jul 22 2014 : The Optical Society Launches Optica, New Open-Access Journal for Highest-Impact Research in the Science of Light - The Optical Society (OSA) today published the first issue of Optica,... more
- Making smart phones smarter with photonics
- The partial space qualification of a vertically aligned...
- Image transmission through dynamic scattering media by...
- Single LP0,n mode excitation in multimode fibers
- Photoluminescence emission and Raman response of monolayer...
- Nanoplasmonics: past, present, and glimpse into future
- All-digital wavefront sensing for structured light beams
- A 3D integral imaging optical see-through head-mounted...
- Closed-loop adaptive optics system with a single liquid...
- Subwavelength grating filtering devices