First issue: Spring 2010.
Optics Express announces a special bi-monthly supplement dedicated to rapid developments in optics for sustainable energy.
Submissions are encouraged in areas that encompass the science and engineering of light and its impact on sustainable energy development, the environment, and green technologies.
- Photovoltaic materials, cells, and modules using a wide range of materials and geometries, especially nanostructured configurations
- Photothermal devices, absorber materials, heat storage materials, radiative cooling systems
- Photoelectrodes, photocatalysis
- Solar concentrators and systems for efficient architecture and daylighting
- Chromogenics and smart windows
- Optical and charge transport properties of PV materials
- Hydrogen from water, photoconversion and solar desalination systems and their applications
- Solid-state lighting, methods to reduce energy consumption
Accepted papers are published immediately after processing and are posted on the Energy Express supplement webpage. Contributors to the Energy Express supplement benefit from the Impact Factor and rapid publication of Optics Express.
Manuscripts must be prepared according to the usual standards for submission to Optics Express; see the "Authors" tab on the Optics Express site
Manuscripts must be uploaded through OSA's electronic submission system: A link appears on the Author page.
Supplement EditorBernard Kippelen, Georgia Institute of Technology