Topics in this Issue
Counterplot Γ in the plane (p,G), η2 /μ = 0.03. The white zone corresponds to the oscillating solutions. The border between stable and unstable regimes is given by the condition G > η2 =μ2. For more, see the paper by Turitsyn et al., pp. 2684-2686.
- Jul 02 2014 : Overcoming Light Scattering: Single-pixel Optical System Uses Compressive Sensing to See Deeper Inside Tissue - A team of researchers from Spain’s Jaume I University (UJI) and the... more
- Jun 26 2014 : Packing Hundreds of Sensors into a Single Optical Fiber for use in Harsh Environments - By fusing together the concepts of active fiber sensors and... more
- Jun 19 2014 : A Better Imager for Identifying Tumors - Research published today in OSA's journal Optics Letters details a... more
- Jun 18 2014 : Making Smartphones Smarter with See-through Sensors - Your smartphone’s display glass could soon be more than just a pretty... more
- Extra-thin infrared camera for low-cost surveillance...
- Nonlinear combining of laser beams
- Photonic-to-plasmonic mode converter
- Coherent combination of spectrally broadened femtosecond...
- Speckle statistics in OCT images: Monte Carlo simulations...
- Optical angular momentum in a rotating frame
- Bandwidth shaping of microresonator-based frequency combs...
- Coherent beam combination of Yb:YAG single-crystal rod...
- Divided-pulse lasers
- Spatial control of surface plasmon polariton excitation at...