Topics in this Issue
Circular laser beam image of the idler output when the output power was 9 W, measured by a precision beam profiler. Top, the laser spot distribution along two orthogonal directions; bottom, the three-dimensional laser beam profile of the output emission. For more, see Wu et al., pp. 1118-1120.
- Jul 30 2014 : OSA Journal Portfolio Continues to Lead Optics Category in Total Citations and Articles in Thomson Reuters 2014 Journal Citation Reports - The Optical Society (OSA) is pleased to announce its full portfolio... more
- Jul 28 2014 : Wearable Device for the Early Detection of Common Diabetes-related Neurological Condition - A group of researchers in Taiwan has developed a new optical... more
- Jul 22 2014 : Self-cooling Solar Cells Boost Power, Last Longer - Scientists at Stanford University may have overcome one of the major... more
- Jul 22 2014 : The Optical Society Launches Optica, New Open-Access Journal for Highest-Impact Research in the Science of Light - The Optical Society (OSA) today published the first issue of Optica,... more
- Fiber-optic flow sensors for high-temperature environment...
- Dark state lasers
- Nonlinear combining of laser beams
- Photonic-to-plasmonic mode converter
- Method for refractive index measurement of nanoparticles
- Plasmon mode characteristics of metallic nanowire in...
- Spatial control of surface plasmon polariton excitation at...
- Extra-thin infrared camera for low-cost surveillance...
- Simultaneous measurement of refractive index and...
- Sub-10-fs pulses tunable from 480 to 980 nm...