Topics in this Issue
Color-coded plot of the Gouy phase of an Airy beam. A portion of the region in which the function Ai(x) has zeros is shown. The solid black line indicates the fifth zero of the Airy function. The Gouy phase jumps by an amount Ï?across this line. For more, see the paper by Pang et al., pp. 2492-2494.
- Aug 20 2014 : Optica Research - UAlberta Engineers Take Major Step Toward Photonic Circuits. Nano-optical cables could replace copper wiring on computer chips… more
- Aug 06 2014 : Optica Research - New Hand-Held Device Uses Lasers, Sound Waves for Deeper Melanoma Imaging
- Jul 30 2014 : OSA Journal Portfolio Continues to Lead Optics Category in Total Citations and Articles in Thomson Reuters 2014 Journal Citation Reports - The Optical Society (OSA) is pleased to announce its full portfolio... more
- Jul 28 2014 : Wearable Device for the Early Detection of Common Diabetes-related Neurological Condition - A group of researchers in Taiwan has developed a new optical... more
- Fiber-optic flow sensors for high-temperature environment...
- Dark state lasers
- Nonlinear combining of laser beams
- Photonic-to-plasmonic mode converter
- Method for refractive index measurement of nanoparticles
- Plasmon mode characteristics of metallic nanowire in...
- Spatial control of surface plasmon polariton excitation at...
- Extra-thin infrared camera for low-cost surveillance...
- Simultaneous measurement of refractive index and...
- Sub-10-fs pulses tunable from 480 to 980 nm...