OSA and SIOM to Launch New Open-Access Journal in June 2013
Now open for submissions!
Photonics ResearchEditor-in-Chief: Zhiping (James) Zhou
Professor at Peking University
The Optical Society (OSA) and the Shanghai Institute of Optics and Fine Mechanics (SIOM) have partnered to launch a new peer-reviewed journal publishing theoretical and applied research progress in optics and photonics. Photonics Research will debut in June 2013, joining OSA's portfolio of 12 peer-reviewed journals.
- Published in English
- Open access online with subscription-based print edition available in China
- Bi-monthly frequency
- Professional composition and timely publication
- Accessible in OSA's Optics InfoBase and Chinese Laser Press OpticsJournal.net platform
Topics include, but are not limited to, lasers, LEDs and other light sources; fiber optics and optical communications; imaging, detectors and sensors; novel materials and engineered structures; optical data storage and displays; plasmonics; quantum optics; diffractive optics and guided optics; medical optics and biophotonics; ultraviolet and x-rays; terahertz technology.
Photonics Research is now soliciting papers for an upcoming special issue based on materials presented at the upcoming ICNP/AOM 2013 Conference in Hong Kong. The submission deadline is July 30th. More information can be found here.
Photonics Research authors should follow the manuscript preparation guidelines for Applied Optics/JOSA. Publication charges will be waived for articles submitted during the first year.
(2) Review the Copyright Transfer guidelines. Copyright Transfer is the first step in the online submission site. If you are not authorized to transfer copyright electronically, please print the form for signature by an authorized agent and return to Chinese Laser Press.
(3) Click below to enter the online submission system, complete the submission form, upload your manuscript with embedded figures, and upload any multimedia files.
Note: Authors who do not have an OSA account will be able to create one before beginning the submission process. Please do not create a new account if you have previous OSA activity.
Zhiping (James) Zhou
Michael A. Fiddy, University of North Carolina at Charlotte, USA
Xianfeng Chen, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China
Claire Gu, University of California, Santa Cruz, USA
Satoshi Iwamoto, University of Tokyo, Japan
Jurgen Michel, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA
Boris Mizaikoff, University of Ulm, Germany
Takashige Omatsu, Chiba University, Japan
Yikai Su, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China
Stefano Trillo, Universita degli Studi di Ferrara, Italy
Hon Ki Tsang, Chinese University of Hong Kong, China
Zhengyuan Xu, Tsinghua University, China