Topics in this Issue
A dual-source free space optical (FSO) communication channel transmitter, used for Fried parameter estimation, incorporates an infrared semiconductor laser and 20 horizontally, in-line mounted LEDs operating at a wavelength of 830 nm and placed above the laser transmitter. For details see the paper by Sergeyev and Roggemann, pp. 3519-3528.
- Feb 24 2014 : Thicker than Water: Medical Researchers Use Light to Quickly and Easily Measure Blood’s Clotting Properties - To provide caregivers with timely information about the clotting... more
- Feb 18 2014 : A Stretchable Highway for Light - A team of Belgian researchers reports progress on this front with... more
- Feb 11 2014 : First 3-D Movies of Living Sperm - more
- Feb 05 2014 : OSA to Launch New Gold Open-Access Journal Focused on High-Impact Results - The Optical Society (OSA) today announced it will publish a new... more
- Optical properties of the metals Al, Co, Cu, Au, Fe, Pb,...
- Huygens–Feynman–Fresnel principle as the...
- Optical Properties of Metallic Films for Vertical-Cavity...
- Optical properties of fourteen metals in the infrared and...
- Toward a super imaging system [Invited]
- Aberration considerations in lens tolerancing
- Phase retrieval algorithms: a personal tour [Invited]
- Vibration detection by observation of speckle patterns
- Self-mode-locked 2 μm Tm3+-doped...
- Optical Constants of Water in the 200-nm to 200-?m...