Topics in this Issue
We introduce a novel single-image-based processing approach, without relying on extra temperature reference or accurate motion estimation, to simultaneously estimate temperature variances of focal plane array and to compensate for the resulting temperature-dependent nonuniformity. For details, see Cao and Tisse, pp. 6266-6271.
- Apr 14 2014 : Let the Sun Shine In: Redirecting Sunlight to Urban Alleyways - In dense, urban centers around the world, many people live and work... more
- Apr 07 2014 : Alison Taylor Joins The Optical Society as Executive Editor - The Optical Society (OSA) announced today that Alison Taylor has... more
- Mar 20 2014 : Shrink Wrap Used to Enhance Detection of Infectious Disease Biomarkers - Detecting HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, malaria and other deadly infectious... more
- Feb 24 2014 : Thicker than Water: Medical Researchers Use Light to Quickly and Easily Measure Blood’s Clotting Properties - To provide caregivers with timely information about the clotting... more
- Optical properties of the metals Al, Co, Cu, Au, Fe, Pb,...
- Optical Constants of Water in the 200-nm to 200-?m...
- Optical Properties of Metallic Films for Vertical-Cavity...
- Huygens–Feynman–Fresnel principle as the...
- Vibration detection by observation of speckle patterns
- Phase retrieval algorithms: a comparison
- Optical properties of fourteen metals in the infrared and...
- Phase retrieval algorithms: a personal tour [Invited]
- Laser Beams and Resonators
- Blue moons and Martian sunsets